Sunday, September 5, 2010

Counting down the days to CX

It sure does feel like cyclocross. With temps in the low 5os, wind, and thick heavy clouds abound, I think Mother Nature is as anxious as I am for the season to start! Things have been going well with preparation for the kick off with DoubleCross Sept 17th.

Training is in full swing, and I am making rapid gains in power already.
The pork chops are coming in nicely.
I shaved my legs for the first time ever. Plan on embrocating this year.
Been Testing out my 3 sets of tubulars during training and dialing the bikes in.
The weight is still coming off. Slowly, but it is coming off.
Got all the out of state races registered for, and hotel rooms booked.
Got my goals in order, and ready to race!

Here are a look at my goals for cyclocross this year. Much like my mountain bike goals, my cross goals are basic and simple yet will still be a challenge to accomplish. I will be moving up to Master 35+, so I will have my work cut out for me. But with some hard work through training, luck, and determination, I think I can string together another good year.

Here are my cyclocross goals for 2010 --

Finish in the Top 5 in as many races as possible
Finish Top 5 overall in series Masters 35+ (Tailwind Series USAC)
Finish Top 3 in at least 1 Masters 35+ cyclocross race
Finish Top 3 for State Championship race Masters 35-39

2 comments:

Keith said...

I embrocated yesterday morning for my MTB ride. I missed the smell... and the post-ride burning in the shower...

BrAdLaKo said...

It's all you man! This is what your whole year has been about. Lay it all out there bro!