Saturday, September 18, 2010

New Chapter, Doublecross Weekend CX Kick Off!

Finally! Cross season has started. And it kicks off with Doublecross. 2 days of action packed cross racing at Waterford Hills Race track. I was very excited to get things moving, and it was great to see some old friends. We got to the track early for Nolan to do the C-race. It was pouring down rain. I thought wow, what a way to kick off the season with real cross conditions. Nolan did a great job as he pushed his new Redline CX bike around the course, and handle the climbs and slick corners like a pro! He ended up stepping up on the podium for 3rd place at the end of the day! Way to go son.

As for me, well I really didn't know what to expect. This would be my first race in Masters 35+ so I guess I was a little nervous at the start. And it took awhile to go away. My 1st 2 laps felt horrible. Could not control my heart rate. My bike handling went out the window, and the legs were feeling like cement. As I watch what seemed like the entire class pull away from me, I decided to hang in and put out as much power as possible and hope for folks to pop. It worked, but still not enough. I was smooth through the barriers, and fly-over and even was nailing most of the tight corners with ease. But the straights and flats, I just could not get the "all" the power I was looking for and needed to hang with the top guys. My last 2-3 laps were my best as my legs and lungs decided to catch up with my effort. But by that time it was too late to pull back anyone else. I ended up 9th out of 14. Not bad I guess for my first Masters race.

So now that I blew out the carbon, and opened up the legs and lungs, I am expecting to perform a little better and do everything I can to sneak into that top 5. I know what I have to do, and I know what I need to do to get there. It's just going to take a little more work.

So here we go, bring on Day 2!

1 comment:

每当遇见你 said...

Here’s a list of tools you will need to start: Jewelers’pandora jewellery wire cutters - If you can only afford one pair, get memory wire shears. pandora charms These are designed to make clean cuts on tough memory wire, so can also be used for pandora charms uk softer wires. Chain-nose pliers sometimes called cheap pandora charms needle-nose pliers – Very versatile for picking up and grasping small items, pandora charms sale bending eye pins, closing jumps rings, even closing crimp beads. discount pandora charms Round-nose pliers – Used for creating loops on beaded head and eye pins. Can also be used for winding your own jump rings and as the second pliers you’cheap pandora ll need for closing jump rings. Optional pliers – Wire-looping pliers which have several graduated circumferences to allow you to form perfectly uniform jump rings and loops in place of the pandora discount uk round-nose pliers mentioned above. Crimping pliers which have little notches to allow you to both flatten a crimp bead and then bend it to form a rounded finished look instead of the flat crimp you pandora uk get using the chain-nose pliers. As for materials, I recommend some assortment packs of beads in coordinating colors, some decorative metal spacers, seed beads in both silver and gold These can serve as spacers and beautifully set off pandora sale your other beads., tube-shaped crimp beads Buy the best you can find – these are what hold it all together!, head and eye pins. Other than that, let your choice of project be your guide. You might want some silver or pewter charms.