Wednesday, September 8, 2010

LOHS Short track racing!

Today was suppose to be a rest day, but I could not resist the temptation to do a little MTB short track racing. to test my fitness and dial in the bike. And thanks to Steve Kinley for putting this series on, and at the right time. Located at Lake Orion High school, this was the perfect venue for this style of racing. the course did not favor MTB or Cross bikes, but worked well for both. And the series helps benefit bringing the sport of Mountain Biking to local high schools to form a high school league. Cool stuff! And so far it really seems to be taking off. Way to go Steve!

As for the race, it went well considering I have only been training for 2 weeks. I took 5th out of 10 in the A group. And the 4 that beat me all race elite for the cross series. I felt real good and I was able to race on my new Grifo xs file tread tubulars! So the training will continue and in 9 days the first race will begin!

No comments: