Sunday, August 8, 2010

I'm Glad That's Over...

What a beautiful day for racing! And one of my favorite places to race, Pontiac Lake.... Well it wasn't my best day in the saddle, but I still had fun. 3 laps at Pontiac in August ain't no joke. This place is brutal this time of year. The rocks and roots were really exposed, the down hills were loose and washed out! Wow, what a great course. Overall I finished 9th. Not bad considering I really have not been training other than running and starting to get back some base with some dirt road rides. The high lights of the day were, I didn't cramp. And I was putting up some respectable lap times. Well at least 2 laps. It is really hard going into a race knowing that your best is not really going be your best. But I got to stay focused. These next few races are not important for me. They are just training days to keep my fitness going. My real training plan will pick back up in September. But for today, "I'm glad that's over..."

No comments: