Sunday, November 4, 2012

LOHS CX Day 1 and 2


I got a little behind last week, and just now catching my breath. With that, we will keep this short. The weekend before Iceman was another new venue added to the Tailwind CX series. Day 1 and 2 of Lake Orion High School. What a great fast fun course, and hope it comes back next year! I had mixed results between the 2 days, but my fitness is coming back around and that is a good thing.

Day 1 - I ended up 3rd. Rodger Bowser put in an massive 3 lap early attack that had us gasping for air! Andy Weir flatted early on, and charged ahead like a diesel truck and motored to the win.

Day 2 - i was feeling better, and the course felt like it flowed better for me as well. The beginning of the race was more controlled, and Andy, Alex and Myself stuck to each other for most of the race. I then decided to make a shape attack and see if it would stick. I jumped, and they did not react. I opened a nice gap and was ready to open it up again before the mini barriers that were placed on the up hill. Rounding the big sweeping turn, I lost my edge and crashed. The cause the rear shifter to load up with dirt and my pedal broke as well. I was ready to DNF right there, but then decided to stick it out. I limped for the rest of the lap and swapped bikes. I was sitting in about 10 place now, and just started riding as hard as I could. I managed to work my way back up to 7th. So I guess not all was lost...

No comments: