Sunday, May 3, 2009

Build 2 - "Slight Change in Plans"

I start build 2 tomorrow, and I am going to kick it off in style with "Have Mercy". 2 hrs of near max to max effort intervals on the trainer. Waaaaahoooooo! I have also decided to change my plans for build 2 and my peak. The original plan was to make Ruby my A race and then carry that fitness into the Stony Marathon. This caused me to cut my Build 2 a week short, and peak a little earlier and also catch the Brighton Stage race in the mix. But with all the rain, and the fact that parts of Ruby are still underwater from the creek, I have decided to make Ruby a B race. I figured I am not going to waste a peak for a race that could either be postponed, or be decided by overall conditions and not by who has the best physical conditioning. So with that idea in mind, I pick up another build week. I catch Brighton on my last recovery week of Build 2. And I put all my chips in for the Stony Marathon as my "A" race.

I am Just finishing up my Build 1, and finishing that up with a much needed recovery week. I am feeling better. Look forward to some harder training. And feel like the power is coming back. It is going to be a long 4 weeks. But depending on how effective I train, and how well I recover will make or back my peak and race periods in the end.

No comments: