Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Build 1

I am now into my 1st build week and what a way to kick it off with 9.0 hrs of training! I have to be on the bike everyday unless I find the time to knock out a few couple of hour long rides. But I have to say, this training plan is going great and I am right on track! With last week being my rest week and also, doing the FRCC #2 road race, it was the perfect time to test my fitness and figure out what direction I would be heading into Build 1. I found that my endurance is on track, my speed skill has improved. Next steps, I am ready to start building my muscular endurance, and climbing (force/power). In doing so, I plan on hitting the trail a lot more since the weather has been clearing up, Continue long road rides, and fill the rest of my riding in by sitting on the trainer. I have 3 Spinerval DVD's that I will be either introducing or continue using during this time.

Mental Toughness
Bending Crank Arms
Have Mercy

These should get me where I need to be for Build 2! When I can't get out and ride, I will also continue to use my "Aero Base III " DVD and my CTS "Climbing" DVD as needed. And if the weather is really crappy I have a few more DVD tricks up my sleeve so we will see....

I have been keeping my weight down, but I thought I would be a lighter at this point. I am 184 lbs. But overall my legs and upper body are a lot stronger than they were over the past 2 years since losing 50 lbs. So I figured my weight is the same, but my percentage of body fat is lower. BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. All I know is I feel great and am ready to start rocking out some Expert Mountain Bike Races!

5 comments:

SingleTrackMinded said...

You look hot too!;)

TP said...

GET AFTER IT!

Todd Shorkey said...

You are a freaking well oiled machine!!!

cjsbike said...

You better be ready to rock in the expert class!

I wonder what race we will line up together in as experts?

-Chad

每当遇见你 said...

Here’s a list of tools you will need to start: Jewelers’pandora jewellery wire cutters - If you can only afford one pair, get memory wire shears. pandora charms These are designed to make clean cuts on tough memory wire, so can also be used for pandora charms uk softer wires. Chain-nose pliers sometimes called cheap pandora charms needle-nose pliers – Very versatile for picking up and grasping small items, pandora charms sale bending eye pins, closing jumps rings, even closing crimp beads. discount pandora charms Round-nose pliers – Used for creating loops on beaded head and eye pins. Can also be used for winding your own jump rings and as the second pliers you’cheap pandora ll need for closing jump rings. Optional pliers – Wire-looping pliers which have several graduated circumferences to allow you to form perfectly uniform jump rings and loops in place of the pandora discount uk round-nose pliers mentioned above. Crimping pliers which have little notches to allow you to both flatten a crimp bead and then bend it to form a rounded finished look instead of the flat crimp you pandora uk get using the chain-nose pliers. As for materials, I recommend some assortment packs of beads in coordinating colors, some decorative metal spacers, seed beads in both silver and gold These can serve as spacers and beautifully set off pandora sale your other beads., tube-shaped crimp beads Buy the best you can find – these are what hold it all together!, head and eye pins. Other than that, let your choice of project be your guide. You might want some silver or pewter charms.