Sunday, May 12, 2013

Warriors, come out and play.... "ILRA XC Experience"

Here's the class of 2013... Mad, bad, and ready to kick ass. Reminds me of the gangs in the movie Warriors. I guess this would be the gang that dresses up in their PJ's and kicks your ass with their bicycles? Well enough of this blabber. lets talk about the racing. Island Lake Rec XC. The Tailwind crew was able to secure the venue to add it into the XC race series. And it turned out to be one of the best XC races I have ever done! and by the look of the turnout, everyone else was excited about racing here is well.

My race went well, but I still am reaching for that extra gear? When will it kick in? Everyone is coming out flying this year. its amazing, and been hard to keep up. I guess I will keep plugging away as my best weeks should be just ahead.

We started very fast! I jumped on Brads wheel and was able to hold on for most of the blue loop. I was gaped halfway through the yellow, and this is when Dub-9 went by. I was still in a good position, and could see the guys just ahead. I caught one of the riders I thought was in the lead group to find out later was in the younger age group. So in the end what I thought was a 3rd place finish was actually 4th.

Congrats to Brad and Joe on taking W's again. And congrats to JTP, Shawn, Pete, Mike W Alex, Dub-9, and DC for great racing as always!


Thanks Dub-9 for letting me steal the photos!


Time to keep turning the pedals over...

2 comments:

BrAdLaKo said...

you are almost there... keep the wheels roll'n....

Paynful said...

It's early!! Just keep with the plan...